New Website for Ven. Sr. Mary Martha Chambon

The devotion to Our Lord’s Holy Wounds received new impetus under the guise of a humble lay Sister of the Visitation, Sister Mary Martha Chambon, of the Visitation Monastery, then of Chambery, France.

Over a century later, this devotion continues to draw the faithful. Thus a new organization was established recently in the Visitation Monastery of Marclaz, France, with the title, Sister Mary Martha Chambon and Friends.

This association has developed a new website on the Visitation Sister and the current efforts for her beatification as well as other spiritual areas of interest.

You can access the website here:

The information is all  translatable into the language of your choice.

11 Responses to “New Website for Ven. Sr. Mary Martha Chambon”

1. Henry says:

Pls i am among the devotees of this apostolate in a small town called Nkpor, Onitsha, in Nigeria, west Africa. We are group numering about 400 members. We started the practice of this devotion on 13th of May, 1988(27 yrs ago) we have been able to spread the devotion by preaching, establishing it in Nigerian Catholic Parishes. We says prayers in honour of the Five Wounds of Jesus, Chaplet of Holy Wounds, stations of the Cross… We live the life of prayer. Our prayers hold on Fridays. Plss we have a little documentry about thos devotion and on the life of Ven. Sis Marie Martha Chambon. We also want aliance with other groups through out the world. Our website: http://www.holywoundsapostolate.com.ng. Plss if anyone can be able to giide us through, we would really appreciate. Thank you all

2. Nancy Herman says:

I awoke this morning and while praying I found the Rosary of the Holy Wounds on a Catholic App on my Ipad. Until today I didn’t know this beautiful devotion existed.
    What a beautiful prayer. I find myself totally compelled to making this devotion known and prayed. I knew nothing of Venerable Marie Martha Chambon this morning and now I am reading all that I can find. The Spirit works in wonderful ways.

3. Chichi Palamine says:

Can someone please send me a link to the english language version of the new website? 🙂 Thank you very much.

• There is no English language website. Go to the French one and click on your translate button on your browser and you should get an instant translation.

• Barry Fangman says:

Dear Sister, Might you know where I can obtain Holy Cards on Ven. Sr. Mary Martha Chambon ? Also do you know where we might find a more detailed book on Sr. Mary Martha’s life ? I hope to hear from you God bless !! Barry

4. Maria says:

I’m so happy to see devotion to the Holy Wounds and Sr. Mary Marthe Chambon gain more popularity. I always felt this devotion was overlooked while the Divine Mercy devotion got most of the attention. However, both devotions are very powerful. Interestingly enough, the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds was originally called Chaplet of Mercy by Our Lord to Sr. Chambon. I have a copy of her biography and I would like to someday very soon put it on the web.

I’d like to clarify something I saw on the Marypages.com website. The promises to St. Gertrude about the holy wounds are specific to the following prayers. I say these prayers daily every morning:

Prayers of St. Gertrude and St. Mechtilde to the Holy Wounds

Glory be to Thee, most gracious, most sweetest, most benign, sovereign, transcending, effulgent and ever peaceful Trinity, for the roseate Wounds of Jesus Christ, my chosen and only love. (5 times)

Oblation Prayer (To be said after each 5 repetitions)

O Lord, Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, accept this prayer, with that surpassing love, with which Thou didst endure all the Wounds of Thy most Holy body. Have mercy on me, and on all sinners, and on all the faithful, living and departed. Grant them grace and mercy, remission of sins, and everlasting life. Amen.

Divine Promise:
    When St. Gertrude had recited this prayer 5,466 times, in honor of all the Wounds of our Lord Jesus, He appeared to her in vision, having on each Wound a rose flashing with a golden splendor, and greeted her tenderly, saying: “Behold, I will appear to thee, in this refulgent form at the hour of thy death, and I will cover all thy sins, and adorn thee with a glory, like that with which thou has adorned my Wounds by thy salutations; and all who use this or any similar devotion shall receive the like favor.” In order to make up this number, and become a partaker of this promise of Christ, say the following prayer five times a day for three years, adding the oblation, which our Lord directed to St. Mechtilde to repeat after each division of five.

5. Justo Chalaie says:

Please send me a English copy of the crucifix venere . I make the 7 offerings of the precious blood daily and I need to be fed more spiritually. Thanks God Bless You

6. Francois says:

Josiane,
    I have had the French copy of the “crucifix venere..” as well I have been looking for the English version for years and I found it today at:

Please let me know what effect have this chaplet had on your life

7. V+J
    Dear Josiane,

I do not have these in English but perhaps our Monastery in England does. I am not sure they have been translated.
    If you would like to contact the British Sisters please email:

info@visitationmonastery.co.uk

Monastery of the Visitation
    Foxhunt Green
    Waldron
    Heathfield
    East Sussex
    TN21 0RX

8. Josiane Turner says:

I have a French copy of Le Crucifix Vénéré, Courone de la Miséricorde prayer and would like the English translation/version, can you please help?
    Many thanks,